Thursday, February 25, 2010

Episode I: Turtle & friends (Part IV)

Turtle's on the scene yet again, with that wholegrain goodness that everybody loves.

Take a look at this sh*t.. Buzzed yet? I can't even remember drawing half of this? Got lost like 5 times during the creation of this piece. It says 'TURTLE' but looks like some sci-fi techno buzz stuff that you see when you're trippy. The crown's on the T, bow down to the king. Threw up a 'RIP RED1' in dedication to my brother Rowan Hanif who sadly passed away last year due to natural cause, rest in peace uso. The L holds the samoan flag, which should have the 3/4 blank part colour in but I thought it would ruin the pic. I can't remember where I got the concept from, but I was looking at books on pop culture & pop art in the Mt Albert Library & saw some nice material, not really Andy Warhol but I'm getting there. Threw up some shapes around, only to find out he crossed me out on one of his pieces - no longer associated with the Shaper. Turtle's on the rise, stay tuned for more scenes of Episode I: Turtle & friends.

Btw, the next episode starts after Sunday. So Episode I's gonna be preeeeetty long..

I'd change the channel if I were you, advertisements are coming up.

- TV Turtle Channel 62


No comments:

Post a Comment