Thursday, February 18, 2010

Episode I: Turtle & friends (Part I)


Hello world :)

Lazy doodles. This art piece is kinda how I depict my identity in art form. The band which everything lays on is known as a Taulima, the Taulima is a traditional Samoan tattoo that people get to show that they've grown in maturity, men usually get it as a symbol of their manhood.

The band shown is not your usual Taulima, this is my own personal tattoo. Mine shows breaks & a massive rip through the middle symbolizes the breaking of tension in my life. The small gaps represent the times in my life where I've been lost, or when I've felt insignificant. As you can see, the rest of the drawing is bold & filled in which shows the strength that I've had in my life. The drips symbolize my life's unbalance, sorta representing the times in my life where I've gone off track. Inside the band is the word 'SAMOAAAA' which I got off a travel advertisement that came on TV, I watch a bit too much television if you ask me.

I, myself, am of Samoan heritage & wear the Taulima on my left arm. There is traditional Samoan patterns surrounding the lettering, but I've added a few designs of my own.

Whenever I get bored, I tend to draw to fill the void which boredom leaves by drawing. This drawing is a product of my boredom, had lots of fun doodling today - thanks Mathematics & Religious Education.

Lunch On Friday - does not consist of meat due to Christian values.

- King Turtle

4 comments:

  1. If I decide to paint this, I'd prefer to use spray paint rather than paintbrush & wall paint.

    - Turtle

    ReplyDelete
  2. finally sussed how to write a comment hahaha, thanks turtl for reminding me i actually have to sign in first.. this shit is killer cuz, like david bain. seriously its rad, nice touch with those few drips too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries Shape :) Thanks bruh, but just got shown up by the ultra lord JP! Intenseness on the NEXT level! Do some more doodles Shape, I'm keen to see what comes outta wonderland next hahah!

    - Turtle

    ReplyDelete