Thursday, February 25, 2010

Episode I: Turtle & friends (Part V)

..

This piece is dedicated to my niece who sadly passed away at the tender age of 11 months. Her name is Ajda & the lettering says her name, on each A is an angel wing, for she is an angel & is accompanying God in the kingdom of heaven. Turtle's going soft, doesn't usually happen but it's happening now.. When she passed I always said I'd do her a bombing but I'd rather not do it now with the opportunity we've been given by JP. The signatures say 'Rest in Peace', 'Our Angel', 'Forever in our hearts' & 'Love Uncle Andrew'. Above the wording is a halo. The lettering's chunky & basic, but it's decent in my opinion. The details inside the lettering are of small seemingly insignificant things you wouldn't really notice, but they're things that I picked out during the short time I was blessed to be with Ajda, they are baby's sick, a pacifier & diamonds which represent the small diamond earrings she used to wear.

- Turtle

1 comment:

  1. Saw a video of sofles doing a piece for Red Bull, as you may already know, 'Red Bull gives you wiiings' so I got the concept of putting them on from him

    - Turts

    ReplyDelete