Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Medium

Morena
I have decided that for the first wall we will use roller fill as one of our medium. You can choose how you integrate it into your work but keep in mind that the aerosol paint will be intentionally limited ( with my intention being to force you to think about how you would work with limited resources)
This is called working with a reduced palette.
Also have a look at the site www.fecalface.com. It has loads of artist interviews and photos of their. They discuss all aspects of their artists practice so have a look to get ideas on how you can reference influence. (acknowledge influence from other artists work)  Please note that influence is not limited to just graffiti art in relation to graffiti art, for example I am influenced by Alberto Giacometti ( a fine art painter and sculptor ) in both my painting and my graffiti art. Influence can also come from outside the art world, for example, I see human kind ruining the world, fucking each other over and all in the name of greed, this influences the way I think and therefore the way I paint. Hence, why I paint dark imagery.
Think about it.
L.O.F 

1 comment:

  1. Episode I: Turtle & friends (Part I) is influenced by John Pule, studied him with Ms. Arlidge (Art Teacher) & looked into his work. He works with island designs & traditional cultural patterns in some of his work, I was digging it so got into island designs. Showed up in this piece.

    - Turtle

    ReplyDelete